Terms and Conditions
- Before booking onto any of our courses, please read the course content thoroughly, ensuring that the course will meet your training requirements and that you are able to meet pre-requisites, where these have been stated.
- Where any course registration/booking form is completed for a candidate by another individual/employee, it is the responsibility of the employer to ensure the candidate is suitable for the course and has the relevant experience.
- Upon receipt of your booking form, and subsequent payment your place(s) will be confirmed.
- Important note: The acceptance of your booking by Pro Holistic brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions. Any term sought to be imposed by you in any purchase order or correspondence will not form part of the contract.
Invoicing and payment
- Course fees are payable upon booking unless a valid, authorised Purchase Order is provided and accepted.
- Invoices will be sent via email to the name and email address provided on the booking form and must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date or not later than 1 working day prior to the start of the course, whichever date occurs soonest (the “due date”).
- Payment must be made in pounds Sterling by cheque, or BACS.
- If any amount properly due to Pro Holistic under or in connection with these terms and conditions remains outstanding beyond the due date Pro Holistic may:
a. charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% per annum above the base rate of Halifax Bank of Scotland from time to time (which interest will accrue daily until the date of actual payment, be compounded quarterly, and be payable on demand); or
b. claim interest and statutory compensation pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998).
- Purchase orders may be accepted in lieu of payment at time of booking at the sole discretion of Pro Holistic.
- Acceptance of purchase orders is subject to prior approval by Pro Holistic for credit terms. Customers must first supply a completed Customer Information Form upon request.
- Purchase orders shall not be accepted from any customer at any time during which the customer’s account is placed on “stop” due to default.
Course attendance and certification
- Candidates will receive course information instructions via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- It is the responsibility of the individual completing the course registration/booking form to ensure joining instructions are received by the candidate. Instructions will be sent via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- If the joining instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the course registration/booking form to contact Pro Holistic to arrange for them to be reissued.
- Failure to attend the course will result in the full cost being incurred.
- Pro Holistic will send all correspondence primarily via email to the email address provided on the booking form. If alternative details are received after the booking form has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
- No certificate(s) shall be issued whilst there is an outstanding balance (including interest on overdue balances and statutory compensation) due to Pro Holistic.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of Pro Holistic, to change the content and timing of the programme, the date, the venue or the tutor.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
*excluding extenuating circumstances which will be charged at the discretion of Pro Holistic.
|Calendar days notice before the start date of the course||Refund applicable
|29 calendar days or more||Full refund minus deposit amount|
|Between 15 and 28 calendar days (inclusive)||50% refund|
|Between 1 and 14 calendar days (inclusive)||No refund will be given|
|Failure to attend||Treated as late cancellation and no refund given|
- All requests for alterations/transfers must be received in writing.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of £20.00 has been paid.
- If the individual named on the booking form is unable to attend, and cannot or does not wish to transfer their place to another candidate, a percentage of the fee paid may be accepted as payment towards a place on the same or another course that takes place within one year following the originally booked event. The amount of the course fee transferred is displayed below.
|Calendar days notice before the start date of the course||Fee to transfer to a new course|
|29 calendar days or more||Full amount minus deposit amount|
|Between 15 and 28 calendar days (inclusive)||50% of course fee|
|Between 1 and 14 calendar days (inclusive)||No transfer available. No refund given.|
|Failure to attend||Treated as late cancellation and no fee will be transferred|
- Delegates are only permitted to one course transfer or substitution per booking. After this the full fee will be charged.
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto a course Pro Holistic reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course.
- In the event of cancellation of a course by Pro Holistic, we will endeavour to inform all participants a week before the course is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All course fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment will be transferred in full to another Pro Holistic course. Pro Holistic shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A light lunch is provided on all full day courses unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to Pro Holistic in advance of the course commencing.
- You must inform the instructor of any injuries or illness before commencing any class, workshop, or course.
- Always observe the highest standard of personal cleanliness in class.
- Participants are requested to be punctual as a mark of respect to the other students and to minimize class disruption.
- If you need to leave a class early, let the instructor know beforehand.
- Mobile ‘phones have to be switched off before entering the class.
- If you are “on call” for work, etc., and need to have your ‘phone switched on, please inform the instructor of this.
- If a candidate is unable to attend any of the course due to extenuating circumstances they must inform Pro Holistic in writing.
- If a candidate is unable to attend due to illness they must provide evidence in the form of a doctor’s note.
- Pro Holistic shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
- The oPtions courses and workshops present an overview of the issues surrounding self-defence for women and an outline of techniques available in some situations.
- Physical self-defence requires many hours of training and Desmond V. Lawton, Pro Holistic, San Bao Martial Arts, their representatives, instructors or agents do not make any guarantees or representations that such techniques will work in an adverse situation. Furthermore Desmond V. Lawton, Pro Holistic, San Bao Martial Arts, their representatives, instructors or agents do not make any guarantees or representations that a participant will not be at the receiving end of a violent crime.
- Our courses and workshops contain no legal advice. Participants in oPtions courses and workshops are accountable under the exact wording and current interpretations of all applicable laws and regulations presiding when applying self-defence techniques in any circumstance.
- It is the sole responsibility of the oPtions course or workshop participant (not Desmond V. Lawton, Pro Holistic, San Bao Martial Arts, their representatives, instructors or agents) to ascertain, interpret and obey all applicable laws that govern the use of any weapons and self-defence techniques that may be shown in any oPtions courses of workshops.
- Desmond V. Lawton, Pro Holistic, San Bao Martial Arts, their representatives, instructors or agents cannot be held responsible in any way whatsoever for any physical injury or damage of any sort that may occur as a result of viewing, practising or implementing the self-defence techniques shown in a oPtions course or workshop.
- Desmond V. Lawton, Pro Holistic, San Bao Martial Arts, their representatives, instructors or agents will in no way be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from a participant’s use or the participant’s inability to use the information and techniques shown at any oPtions course or workshop.
- Parts of this course are of a physical nature. Desmond V. Lawton, Pro Holistic, San Bao Martial Arts, their representatives, instructors or agents do not take responsibility for any physical injuries that happen during the course. Participants are to ensure that they are fit and able to participate, and if not, remove themselves from any of the exercises contained within this programme.
- Where courses, or workshops, are being facilitated by Desmond V. Lawton, Pro Holistic, San Bao Martial Arts for an external organisation it is the responsibility of that organisation to provide insurance cover for all participants.
- Self-defence, practicing and applying the techniques detailed in oPtions courses and workshops, is inherently dangerous. The techniques shown may cause significant and unintended injuries if applied or practiced incorrectly or carelessly.
- While practicing the self-defence techniques you must be careful to avoid strong pressure and damage to sensitive areas, including but not limited to eyes, throat, face, groin and pressure-point areas.
You agree, on behalf of yourself and your heirs, personal representatives, successors and assignees:
- To assume all risks regarding the information presented at oPtions courses and workshops, including but not limited to all risks, whether or not specifically mentioned, of practicing, applying, using and/or attempting to use the techniques shown.
- To waive, release and discharge any and all claims of damages for death, personal injury or property damage which you may have, or which you may have in the future, as a result of attending a oPtions course or workshop and/or practicing, applying, using and/or trying to use the techniques shown.
- To indemnify and hold harmless Desmond V. Lawton, Pro Holistic, San Bao Martial Arts, their representatives, instructors or agents or anyone associated with oPtions courses and workshops, against all claims, losses, damages and expenses, including but not limited to solicitors’ fees and costs, whether asserted by the participant or anyone else, resulting from (i) any breach or repudiation of this Agreement and Release of Liability; or (ii) any loss or injury to person or property, arising from or associated with your practice, application, use and/or attempted use of the techniques detailed at any official oPtions course or workshop.
- Desmond V. Lawton, Pro Holistic, San Bao Martial Arts, their representatives, agents, or instructors shall not be liable for loss of life, personal injury or damage to property sustained by the Applicant during classes arising out of any cause whatsoever including the negligence or breach of statutory duty by Desmond V. Lawton, Pro Holistic, San Bao Martial Arts, or any of their representatives, agents, or instructors. The Applicant acknowledges the risk of injury being sustained whilst participating in the activities as provided and voluntarily undertakes the risks thereof.
These terms and conditions, together with the current Pro Holistic website prices, course details and Pro Holistic contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the course and associated materials and services to you by Pro Holistic. These terms and conditions override any other terms that appear on any website, or leaflets/fliers. In particular, no terms and conditions incorporated within your purchase order and nothing said by any person on behalf of Pro Holistic should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods or services offered for sale by Pro Holistic. Pro Holistic shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.