We are hoping that this class will recommence as soon as possible but South Lanarkshire Council have still not informed us of dates and any restrictions to numbers. This is not a drop-in class and must be pre-booked. Please let me know if you plan to attend as I need to know how many people are attending as numbers are limited to 12.
As there will still be Covid restrictions please note the following: –
- Hall staff are required to sanitize the hall before and after each class and this may impact on the length of the class. Please do not enter until advised to do so.
- Sanitizer will be available and you are required to use it (or your own) when entering the building.
- Do not attend the class if you have Covid-19, or have symptoms of Covid-19.
- It is mandatory that masks must worn while indoors as you will not be seated. If you are unable, for any reason, to wear a mask do not attend as you will be refused entry.
- If you are classed as an extremely vulnerable person (high risk) I advise that you postpone your return until you feel it is safe to do so.
- Social distancing is required and this impacts on the number of people who can attend the class. I believe that the maximum for this hall (with people stationary) is 20 so I will be limiting our classes to 12. This may need to be adjusted.
- Good ventilation is needed so some windows will be opened. Please take note of the temperature (I know it is getting warmer but this is East Kilbride) and have adequate clothing to be comfortable.
I think that I have covered everything and I am looking forward to seeing you all again and getting back into the Taiji and Qigong.
In these Taiji and Qigong classes you have the opportunity to learn a number of Taiji forms as well as Qigong. There is no pressure to learn, no competition, just relaxation. You learn at your own pace, for your own benefit.
The benefits of Taiji
In an analysis, done in the USA, researchers studied the effect that regular attendance at Taiji classes had on people. Their study was to measure the impact that the Taiji had on chronic illnesses and health issues such as hypertension, ME, etc.
What they discovered was that regular Taiji classes had a beneficial effect on things like flexibility, balance, co-ordination, stress levels, pain reduction, anxiety, depression and the health of the heart.
To see their findings, see the JAMA Network (originally The Archives of Internal Medicine)
Further details and information on the benefits of Taiji can be found here
Taiji and Qigong Classes Syllabus
In these Taiji and Qigong classes you will initially be taught the Yang Family Short Form and the Taiji Shibashi Qigong. These are some of the other forms and exercises that we cover: –
- The Beijing 16 Posture Taiji
- The Beijing 24 Posture Taiji
- The Beijing 48 Posture Taiji
- The Yang Family Long Form
- Da Lu 1
- Da Lu 2
- Da Lu 3
- The Taiji Shibashi
- The Embroidered Brocade
- Connecting Heaven and Earth
- The Five Elements Dance
- The Ten Fundamental Treasures
- The Five Yin
Taiji and Qigong Classes Details
This class is currently full. If you wish to be updated of any future availability please use the Contact Us page to leave your details and what class you are interested in.
- Location – Stewartfield Community Centre, East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire.
- Day – Thursday.
- Time – 8.00 till 10.00 pm.
- Type – Taiji and Qigong
- Cost – £32.00 per month
- Details – This class concentrates on learning the Taiji form in depth. Along with this, students are taught various Qigong sets and Qi awareness.
- Instructor – Des Lawton
- Further information – ‘Phone Des on 01355266011 or use the form on the Contact Us page.
Interested in Qigong? Why not join the San Bao Qigong community on Facebook. We are a group of friendly practitioners who are keen to share their experience! Click here to request to join – sanbaoschool.co.uk/community
Please contact us if you have a group who would like to learn Qigong, Taiji, or self-defence.