In these Taiji and Qigong classes you have the opportunity to learn Taiji forms and Qigong. There is no pressure to learn, no competition, just relaxation. You learn at your own pace, for your own benefit.
Please contact us if you have a group who would like to learn Qigong, Taiji, or self-defence.
The benefits of Taiji
In an analysis, done in the USA, researchers studied the effect that regular attendance at Taiji classes had on people. Their study was to measure the impact that the Taiji had on chronic illnesses and health issues such as hypertension, ME, etc.
What they discovered was that regular Taiji classes had a beneficial effect on things like flexibility, balance, co-ordination, stress levels, pain reduction, anxiety, depression and the health of the heart.
To see their findings, see the JAMA Network (originally The Archives of Internal Medicine)
Further details and information on the benefits of Taiji can be found here
Taiji Classes Details
The next intake will be on Monday 6th April. To book your place please use the Contact Us page and leave your details and which class you wish to join.
- Location – United Reformed Church, Old Coach Road, The Village, East Kilbride, G74 4DS.
- Day – Monday.
- Time – 12.00 till 1.00 pm.
- Type – Taiji and Qigong
- Cost: £35.00 per ten-week block
- Details -This class is geared towards retired people who wish to learn the Taiji form and Qigong in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Instructor – Des Lawton
- Further information – ‘Phone Des on 01355266011 or use the form on the Contact Us page.