Taiji and Qigong Classes
In these Taiji and Qigong classes you have the opportunity to learn a number of Taiji forms as well as Qigong. There is no pressure to learn, no competition, just relaxation. You learn at your own pace, for your own benefit.
Interested in Qigong? Why not join the San Bao Qigong community on Facebook. We are a group of friendly practitioners who are keen to share their experience! Click here to request to join – sanbaoschool.co.uk/community
Please contact us if you have a group who would like to learn Qigong, Taiji, or self-defence.
The benefits of Taiji
In an analysis, done in the USA, researchers studied the effect that regular attendance at Taiji classes had on people. Their study was to measure the impact that the Taiji had on chronic illnesses and health issues such as hypertension, ME, etc.
What they discovered was that regular Taiji classes had a beneficial effect on things like flexibility, balance, co-ordination, stress levels, pain reduction, anxiety, depression and the health of the heart.
To see their findings, see the JAMA Network (originally The Archives of Internal Medicine)
Further details and information on the benefits of Taiji can be found here
Taiji and Qigong Classes Syllabus
In these Taiji and Qigong classes you will initially be taught the Yang Family Short Form and the Taiji Shibashi Qigong. These are some of the other forms and exercises that we cover: –
- The Beijing 16 Posture Taiji
- The Beijing 24 Posture Taiji
- The Beijing 48 Posture Taiji
- The Yang Family Long Form
- Da Lu 1
- Da Lu 2
- Da Lu 3
- The Taiji Shibashi
- The Embroidered Brocade
- Connecting Heaven and Earth
- The Five Elements Dance
- The Ten Fundamental Treasures
- The Five Yin
Taiji and Qigong Classes Details
- Location – Stewartfield Community Centre, East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire.
- Day – Thursday.
- Time – 8.00 till 10.00 pm.
- Type – Taiji and Qigong
- Details – This class concentrates on learning the Taiji form in depth. Along with this, students are taught various Qigong sets and Qi awareness, push hands and some basic applications from the form.
- Instructor – Des Lawton
- Further information – ‘Phone Des on 01355266011 or use the form on the Contact Us page.