The stand alone exercise in the Online Qigong: Connecting Heaven & Earth course is for people who are serious about Qigong – #trueqigong – no matter what their current level of experience is. It is for people who want to practice true Qigong, to work Internally, rather than practicing slowed down aerobics.
Online Qigong: Connecting Heaven & Earth
This course includes:
2 hours on-demand video
1 downloadable resource
Full lifetime access (covered by the Udemy lifetime access guarantee)
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of Completion
Discount price: £19.99 (Normally £39.99)
Purchase, using the link below, before 19/08/2021 and get one month free access to one of our online classes (Terms and Conditions).
Book here – Online Qigong: Connecting Heaven & Earth
Online Qigong: Connecting Heaven & Earth – Recent Reviews
- “I think this is one of the most in depth description I have ever experienced in an online course. Connecting Heaven and Earth is not my favorite qigong form (hence not 5 stars), but that is just me, and the course is really good all the same.” P.S.
- “fantastic course, real internal neigong as its meant to be practised! follow the instructors guidance and you will know what its like to really feel your qi” S.H.
- “Thanks Des. Thoroughly enjoyed this course. I have been practising Qi Gong for quite a few years and it was great to go back and experience this lovely course. Cant wait for the next course. Highly recommended.” D.J.
- “Fantastic course. Des is extremely thorough – his guidance has helped me to really embody what this ancient practice is all about. I have been practicing Reiki for 16 years so really appreciate the detailed explanation of the wuji stance. I can feel the difference energetically if I am not standing properly in this posture. I like to do this in the morning just after I have done my yoga / Pilates stretches – it really sets me up for the day along with the Qigong for anxiety and stress.” C.W.
- “I think this is the most in depth description I have ever experienced in an online course. Connecting Heaven and Earth is not my favorite qigong form (yet), but that is just me, and the course is great all the same.” P.S.
- “I felt immediate benefit from the contents and presentation of this course, and intend to practice it many, many more times before moving deeper into Qigong for health practices. Des gives excellent advice and leaves no stone unturned (even reminding us not to review it before completing it, which is a bad habit of mine). SO, all the reviews you see here are genuine and seem to be highly rated. To sum up, the practice is bottomless and is presented as well as it possibly could be, with experience and love for the practices. Great job, great value to those who don’t mind spending a bit to improve themselves.” S.H.“A clear structured course with many useful details and hints also for the more experienced Qigong practitioners. Thank you very much.” – M.D.
- “Very professional and thorough. I truly enjoyed it and planning to watch it again. I would definitely recommend it.” P.K.
- “Exactly what I wanted and presented in a clear, easy to follow and understand manner. Very much appreciated in this when we need the most healing. I instantly purchased another course from this instructor with more to follow. Thank you!” E. Mc.
- “Yes, it was exactly what I was seeking. Finding a gigong teacher with understanding of the energetics is unusual. Yet, that was why gigong was created in the first place. Desmond Lawton is an exceptional teacher and very detailed. I have recommended him to other people who report becoming adherents as well.” E.B.
More reviews below
What Will I Learn?
- The importance of creating a quiet body/mind through the use of Wuji stance. Poor posture creates distraction, noise, that interferes with the focus needed to guide the Qi.
- How to make use of the subtleties within the movements and postures to accurately guide the Qi.
- You will learn how to use the breath to guide the Qi and to help change the brainwave pattern from Beta wave to Alpha wave.
- What listening jing is and how to use it in order to gain tangible awareness of the Qi and the changes produced during Qigong. If you do not know what it is that you are meant to be guiding how can you guide it?
- No prior knowledge of Qigong required. This course is for all levels.
This Online Qigong: Connecting Heaven & Earth course is for people who are serious about Qigong, no matter what their current level of experience is. It is for people who want to practice true Qigong, to work Internally, rather than practicing slowed down aerobics.
Qigong is an Internal skill with the function of enhancing the practitioner’s Qi (energy) and the flow of Qi within the meridian system and energy body.
The movements and postures that Qigong uses are NOT Qigong in its entirety. They are one of the tools used to guide the Qi………………. just ONE of the tools.
Discount price: £19.99 (Normally £39.99)
Purchase, using the link below, before 20/07/2021 and get one month free access to one of our online classes (Terms and Conditions).
Book here – Online Qigong: Connecting Heaven & Earth
Question from Steven
Sinking the Qi through Kidney-1
Apologies in advance if this is an odd question however, it is very specific to my practice.
With ‘sinking the Qi through Kidney-1 in mind, what would be the implications of doing this practice without K1 connecting to the earth?
I am a long-term yoga practitioner / meditator and feel very grounded and at peace, when doing some Qigong movement while seated in Padmasana, or the lotus posture (so K1 is not earthed as the soles are facing up).
I am quite new to meridian theory, but am enjoying finding harmony with it and the yogic system of Nadi energetic pathways.
With your level of knowledge in mind Des., I would appreciate your thoughts on this.
Answer from Des
The first thing that I want to explain is that KD1 is used to sink the Qi and to “ground” us because we are physical beings who live on a physical planet where gravity does the physical grounding for us and, as bipeds, we stand on two feet. Basically, it is a natural and easier to understand process.
Secondly, to attain Wuji stance and the quiet body/mind that it produces the physical weight must be directed through the KD1 area.
Thirdly, when both weight and Qi are directed through KD1 it is possible to reach an even quieter condition where the subtler qualities Qi can be experienced.
You can sink the Qi through KD1 when standing, sitting, even lying down as it is not a physical process. It is an energetic process. You are connecting to the universe via the Earth. Different traditions and teachings use other “connecting points”, or “anchors” to do this. I was taught to connect via the Solar Plexus chakra. None of the systems I am aware of anchor via the head and this may be a safety mechanism (discovered through trial and tribulation) to protect the practitioner.
Reply from Steven
Thank you for that timely and all-embracing response to my question.
Question from Antione
I’m wondering what the indication is for getting colder and colder during exercises. Underneath soles of feet remains warm, but hands get cold. I’ve worked with a Five Element Acupuncture practitioner and know my primary element. Even working with just that element hands are going cold. Is this the wrong exercise for me at this time?
Answer from Des
before I can give you an answer I will need some more information.
Does this happen during all exercises that you do?
Does this only happen during all the Qigong that you do?
Are there certain Qigong, or Qigong movements, that cause this?
Reply from Antione
Thanks for your response.
It seems to have worked itself out. Originally, my hands were getting cold only when doing connecting heaven and earth qi gong, even if I worked on only one element at a time. A few days later the cold was gone and now I’m experiencing regular heat and tingling which I usually equate with the qi experience.
Best Wishes For The Winter Holiday,
Reviews from our online Qigong course
- “I felt immediate benefit from the contents and presentation of this course, and intend to practice it many, many more times before moving deeper into Qigong for health practices. Des gives excellent advice and leaves no stone unturned (even reminding us not to review it before completing it, which is a bad habit of mine). SO, all the reviews you see here are genuine and seem to be highly rated. To sum up, the practice is bottomless and is presented as well as it possibly could be, with experience and love for the practices. Great job, great value to those who don’t mind spending a bit to improve themselves.” S.H.
- “I really enjoyed this course, the attention to details is one of the things that make this course so interesting and well done. The movements themselves are simple and easy to learn, and this was important to me, I find it hard sometimes to learn complicated moves. This is my third courses from Des Lawton and they are all very well done and inspiring. Also in the past I had some questions for Des and he was quick at replying my emails and at answering my questions, and that made me feel like the instructor really cared. Thank you Mr Lawton for a great course.” G.L.
- “A beautiful course from a humble master. Honestly the best I have ever experienced. Fantastic detail, guidance, clarity – I will hold on to this master for my QiGong learning!”
- “Excellent information and, rarely shared insight about the subject!”
- “Excellent course. Great explanation of theory and good, clear instructions. Well paced. Highly recommended”
- “I really enjoyed this course. It was very detailed and the description of the effects of each movement was very helpful. Usually you are taught just the movements but not about the meridians etc. I thought Des was very patient and seemed to explain just about every question which could be raised. Very highly recommended.”
- “This course has given me a wonderful foundation to start from. Des provides detailed fundamentals and easily digestible instructions for the course provided.”
- “After many courses, I found this method related to my needs exactly. Relaxed, and clear.”
- “A great Teacher of Qigong, it was a privilege to take this course! I could feel the Qi moving while performing each exercise. Quick response to questions asked, much appreciated! I look forward to taking more courses in the future. Humble thanks!” “A thoroughly enjoyable, well presented and comprehensive course during which very thorough explanations and demonstrations were given. I particularly found being able to see the positions performed both from a front and side view very helpful and also the information given on the points on the meridians affected in each of the positions. This course really is as close to one to one tuiton as you can possibly get on line. Thank you, I loved it!”
- “I have been doing qigong and taichi for years, and I find the course simple and at the same time meticulous. Structured in a simple way to learn and at the time for thanks to the different sections.”
- “Great class this my third video with Des,I always learn something.”
- “The descriptions of the movements; external and internal are so clear. The discussion on what to focus on after learning the movements helped me immensely. Extremely well taught.”
- “This Qigong course is so applicable and well done–a real treasure to add to your toolbox for promoting wellness. Instructor Des Lawton of “Connecting Heaven and Earth Qigong” is an adept teacher of ancient and complex material, whose method transmits the essentials to students, allowing them to achieve a meaningful practice immediately, creating the foundation for continued study. There was emphasis on developing self-awareness and attunement to the mind-body connection which is helpful in all aspects of improved quality of life. An example of this was the lesson on posture that through practical exercises brings to light awareness of one’s body’s habitual balance developed over a lifetime so that the student can develop correct stance and connection to maximize energy flow and centering. Another amazing asset is that unlike many other online course instructors in this discipline, Mr. Lawton is personally accessible and answers questions, truly caring about providing each one of his students an engaging, rewarding experience. I look forward to learning more from this gifted and professional teacher!”
- “This is the best Wuji stance explanation I’ve found. Very very good teacher. I am happy and grateful that I found him. He explains all in detail and slowly. It is exactly what you need when you are new to this.”
Interested in Qigong? Why not join our Qigong community on Facebook. We are a group of friendly practitioners who are keen to share their experience! Click here to request to join – San Bao Qigong