Originating in China, Tui Na is recorded in the Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Internal Medicine since 2300 B.C. Tui Na is the oldest known system of massage known. Through the millennia, it has undergone continuous development and is currently taught in China as a separate/discrete system within major traditional Chinese medical colleges.
Tui Na uses the Traditional Chinese Medical (TCM) theory of meridians, acupuncture points, and the flow of Qi (energy) as its basis for treatment. By using various massage, manipulation and pressure techniques, Tui Na re-balances and promotes harmonious flow of Qi, thereby boosting the body’s own self-healing system.
Tui Na methods include: -
- The use of hand and arm techniques to massage the soft tissue (muscles and tendons)
- Manipulation techniques to realign the musculo-skeletal system
- Stimulation of acupressure points
- External herbal poultices, compresses, liniments and salves
There are a variety of different Tui Na systems: -
- The rolling method school – whose emphasis is on soft tissue techniques and specializes in joint injuries and muscle sprains.
- The one finger pushing method school – where the emphasis is on acupressure techniques and is used for the treatment of internal diseases.
- The Neigong method school – whose emphasizes is in the use of Neigong Qi generation exercises and specific massage methods for revitalizing depleted energy systems.
- The bone setting methods school – where the emphasis is on manipulation methods to realign the musculo-skeletal system, specializing in joint injuries and nerve pain.
- In addition to these four main schools, there are hundreds of “family systems” that have been passed on from generation to generation and utilize aspects of each major system.
Tui Na massage has proven over the millennia to be an effective therapeutic tool. Words cannot describe its effects on the individual so the best way to understand its benefits is to experience its benefits and pleasure for yourself.
Incoming search terms:
- tui na benefits
- tui na deals in glasgow
- tui na massage glasgow
- Define Tui Na
- tui na
- tuina tuition
- whats tui na massage