The Taiji Qigong Shibashi (十八) Instructors course is designed to provide instructors with all the tools and information needed to teach the Shibashi as true Qigong (Certificated by the San Bao Martial Arts School). Anyone can mimic the movements of these exercises but without knowledge and experience of the Internal workings they are no more than slow aerobics.
The Shibashi, also referred to as the Eighteen Postures of Taiji Qigong, is a set of Qigong exercises that utilise Taiji stances and adhere to the rules governing them. These stances are fundamentally important if the practitioner wishes to get the most out of the Qigong.
Since this set of exercises was introduced, in the early 1980′s, the adherence to the Taiji stances has been lost and their true use as Qigong has been watered down. This has led to the depletion of the true beneficial qualities of these exercises. The Yi guides the Qi through focus (Jing) and it is only when this happens that “slow aerobics” become Qigong. Yes the Qi will still move with the watered down versions but Qi moves whatever exercise you do………….. However, this does not make every exercise a Qigong exercise.
A certificate, from San Bao Martial Arts, will be provided to participants who successfully complete the course. We recommend that participants attend our Taiji Shibashi Qigong workshop, to familiarise themselves with the Shibashi, prior to doing this course.
Feedback from previous workshops
- Did the workshop meet your expectations? – 100% Yes.
- Did the workshop cover the syllabus? – 100% Yes.
- Were the methods taught useful? – 100% Yes.
- Would you recommend this workshop? – 100% Yes.
Did you discover any new insights regarding Qigong?
- “My own energy.”
- “Yes. The reasoning, the stance.”
- “Importance of the stance.”
- “Yes. Internal exercises. Linking the exercises.”
Is there anything you would like to see added to the syllabus?
- “More information on the Five Elements.”
- “More Chi Gong.” (In addition to the Shibashi)
- “Maybe some more Do In (Dao Yin) exercises.”
- “Learning about Chi and feeling the Chi was an experience.”
- “Thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.”
- “Thank you Des. Really enjoyed the workshop and your style of teaching the group.”
- “Excellent instructor, easily understood, good analysis, some helpful tips and suggestions. Thank you.”
- “Really interesting course. Made me want to learn more about he background and how move have different effects on the various parts of the body.”
- “Felt better about the postures and learning to be aware about the postures.”
- “This has been a truly wonderful course.”
- “A brilliant training course.”
Day 1 syllabus
- Learning Dao-yin exercises
- Learning stances
- Learning the Shibashi exercises
Day 2 syllabus
- Applying 5 Elements within the Shibashi
- Modifications that can alter the Primary Meridian Pair for specific exercises
- Alternate breathing
- Modifications for seated Shibashi
- Listening Jing
- Short, practical, examination
- Taiji practitioners
- Qigong practitioners
- Reiki practitioners
- Shiatsu practitioners
- All Energy Work practitioners
The course instructor, Des Lawton MRSS is a Taiji and Qigong teacher who has been a practicing martial artist for over 35 years. He qualified, in 1997 as a Shiatsu Therapist (becoming a Member of the Register Of the Shiatsu Society) and practitioner of Healing Qigong. Des has been teaching the Taiji Shibashi Qigong since 1989. Through daily practice, and with the in depth knowledge of the meridian system and Five Element Theory that he attained while studying Shiatsu and Healing Qigong, Des has achieved a profound understanding of the Taiji Shibashi.
This course is being provided by San Bao
Next course: -
Dates: November 2nd & 3rd 2013
Times: 10:00 till 17:00
Location: East Kilbride, Lanarkshire
A deposit of £30.00 is required, with the balance to be paid on the first day of the course. Advanced booking is essential.
You must agree to our terms & conditions
I agree with the Terms & Conditions
For further information, please use the form on the Contact Us page.
Incoming search terms:
- shibashi instructor courses london
- shibashi 1997
- shibashi instructor certification scotland uk
- shibashi training